Addagrip have a range of resin bound and resin bonded systems suitable for hospital and healthcare schemes that require a natural looking aggregate surfacing finish which is comfortable and safe underfoot.
Suitable for vehicle and pedestrian use, our systems can be applied onto paths, courtyards, access roads, parking areas to create durable, low maintenance surfacing with safety in mind. Good slip resistance, excellent porosity and seamless paving makes this a surface of choice for healthcare projects from hospitals, care facilities, hospices and specialist healthcare units.
Our systems can be applied onto a concrete or asphalt base or, in the event of ‘no-dig’ requirement, our Terrabase Rustic Resin Bound system can be installed onto a compacted MOT Type 3.
Terrabase Rustic is an innovative, patented, Resin Bound porous surfacing system introduced to meet the needs of those projects that require a hard wearing, porous surface using a 6-10mm aggregate size to give a ‘rustic’ feel. Depending on your requirements, Terrabase Rustic can be applied directly onto most suitable surfaces and gradients. An ideal replacement or overlay system for self-binding surfaces such as ‘Hoggin’ as it is fully bound and will not be washed away.
Our BBA approved Resin Bound Addaset, Addabound and Terrabound systems provide a seamless surfacing finish which is porous and SuDS compliant.
Addastone Resin Bonded system gives the appearance of loose gravel without the maintenance issues of migrating aggregate.
Features and Benefits
- Seamless- comfortable and safe underfoot, for ease of access for hospital beds, wheelchairs and mobility scooters
- Low maintenance – minimal maintenance – sweeping clean and occasional power wash
- Porous – no surface water
- Hard wearing – no loose aggregate, lifespan of up to 25 years depending on usage
- Range of decorative aggregate blends – practical dark and buff colours for service paths or vibrant colours for sensory gardens for visually impaired, family areas in hospital courtyards
- SuDs compliant – permeable to allow water to drain away
- No loose aggregate – no issue with migrating gravel
- Good slip resistance – essential for healthcare facilities
- Product Guarantee on selected range – Addaset, Addabound and Terrabound
- EPD declaration on selected range– Addaset, Addabound, Terrabound, Terrabase Rustic, Terrabase Classic
- BBA certified on selected range– Addaset, Addabound and Terrabound
- No-dig option – where access or non-invasive surface is required – Terrabase Rustic, Terrabase Classic
- Decorative – offered in a range of rustic, contemporary or coloured aggregate blends
"We chose Addagrip Terrabound as it provides an extremely smooth surface for those with limited mobility or wheelchair dependant. The ability to lay Addagrip Terrabound seamlessly to curved edges is another key reason for using it at Hawkhead Road. The buff gravel colour against grass or planted areas gives a beneficial contrast for the partially-sighted members of the Scottish War Blinded and Royal Blind"
Sam Shaw, Senior Landscape Architect, Ian White Associates Landscape ArchitectsRead our reviews