Addagrip have a range of resin bound and resin bonded systems suitable for heritage schemes and projects that require a more natural looking aggregate finish.
Our BBA resin bound systems can be applied onto a concrete or asphalt base or, in the event of ‘no-dig’ requirement, our Terrabase Rustic Resin Bound system can be installed onto a compacted MOT Type 3.
Terrabase Rustic is an innovative, patented, Resin Bound porous surfacing system introduced to meet the needs of those projects that require a hard wearing, porous surface using a 6-10mm aggregate size to give a ‘rustic’ feel. Depending on your requirements, Terrabase Rustic can be applied directly onto most suitable surfaces and gradients. An ideal replacement or overlay system for self-binding surfaces such as ‘Hoggin’ as it is fully bound and will not be washed away. This system is applied onto a compacted Type 3 base for heavy pedestrian/ light vehicle use and offered as a no-dig option for sensitive historic sites where installation of asphalt or concrete base would not be an option.
Our BBA approved Resin Bound Addaset, Addabound and Terrabound systems provide a seamless surfacing finish which is porous and SuDS compliant and suitable for historic projects looking for a smaller stone aesthetic. These can also be installed as a Terrabase Classic no-dig option.
For heritage projects requiring the appearance of loose gravel without the maintenance issues of migrating aggregate, our Addastone Plus offers a decorative surface coating installed onto asphalt to provide a textured, slip-resistant finish. Addastone Plus is non-porous so would need to be laid to falls and surface water to be directed accordingly.
Features and Benefits
- Seamless – comfortable underfoot, no trip hazards
- Low maintenance – minimal maintenance – sweeping clean and occasional power wash
Porous – resin bound has no surface water. Resin bonded is non-porous
- Hard wearing – pedestrian and vehicle use with lifespan of up to 25 years depending on product and use
- Range of decorative aggregate blends – practical dark and buff colours for a low maintenance paving option
- SuDs compliant – resin bound is permeable to allow water to drain away
- No loose aggregate – no issue with migrating gravel
- Good slip resistance – safe underfoot
- Product Guarantee from 5 to 25 years on selected range – Addaset, Addabound and Terrabound, Terrabase Rustic, Terrabase Classic, Stonebound
- EPD declaration on selected range– Addaset, Addabound, Terrabound, Terrabase Rustic, Terrabase Classic
- BBA certified on selected range – Addaset, Addabound and Terrabound
- No-dig option – where access or non-invasive surface is required – Terrabase Rustic, Terrabase Classic
- Decorative – offered in a range of rustic, contemporary or coloured aggregate blends
‘The Hengistbury Head Visitor Centre has been open for the last six weeks. We’ve been very busy and the Terrabound looks as good as the day it was laid,” says Jacqui. “While the surrounding surfaces have been covered with water and mud, it is very gratifying to see lovely dry, clean golden Terrabound next to it.” Jacqui continues: “The main courtyard previously used to flood regularly and, with our drainage interventions and the porosity of the Terrabound, I am very pleased with how the surface has performed so far, even with an extremely high water table.”
Hengistbury Head Visitor CentreRead our reviews