Addagrip Terraco Environmental Policy
Addagrip Terraco is a manufacturer, formulator and supplier of a wide range of high quality resin surfacing products. We recognise that our operations will have an impact on the local and global environment and as such Addagrip Terraco is committed to the continuous exploration and development of procedures, systems and working practices that reduce the pollution and impact generated during the normal course of our business while ensuring our products remain of the highest quality.
Recognising and understanding this process means that we can reduce, offset, mitigate or eliminate our carbon use where possible and practical, allowing us to set clear objectives which we can monitor, manage and improve. Addagrip Terraco fully supports the principles of, and is committed to the sustainable use of global resources including the reduction of pollution and waste.
What is a carbon footprint?
A Carbon Footprint is a measure of the impact human activities have on the environment in terms of the amount of greenhouse gases produced, which is measured in units of carbon dioxide.
A Carbon Footprint is made up of the sum of two parts. The primary footprint is a measure of our direct emissions of CO2 from the burning of fossil fuels. The secondary footprint is a measure of the indirect CO2 emissions from the whole lifecycle of products we use, i.e. those associated with their manufacture and eventual breakdown.
Our commitment means that we will:
- Ensure both management and employees are aware of their responsibilities to the environment and understand and accept their individual and collective duty. This will be implemented through induction, training and monitoring.
- Meet or exceed all current environmental legislation.
- Use raw material efficiently minimising the waste of resources.
- Consider the environmental impacts of all new products and developments of current products.
- Optimise the shelf life of our products to minimise the impact from raw materials and products prior to their use.
- Evaluate and consider the impact of our products over the life cycle of their use.
- Promote and improve energy efficiency throughout our operations – including the use of public transport where possible, car sharing, journey planning, as well as looking at energy use within our offices and production facilities. We installed solar panels on our factory roof and we are introducing electric and hybrid fleet vehicles.
- Minimise waste, promote the reduction of wastage, encourage re-use and recycle resources wherever practical. e.g. we shred waste paper and re-use it for packaging, recycle print cartridges and storage containers. Our resin bound buckets are made from recycled plastic.
- Continue to research suitable recycled materials and formulations. We currently offer some recycled aggregates including glass, marbles and recycled rubber tyre content.
- Keep packaging to the minimum. We have stopped using plastic containers for our samples and use recycled paper and cardboard where possible. Our brochures are available as digital downloads.