The cost of a resin driveway depends on a number of factors including size, shape, existing base, colour and SuDS. As each project is unique, the cost will vary depending on surfacing requirements and any other additional services needed (edging etc)
Resin bound surfacing is a mix of natural aggregate and resin that is hand trowelled to a smooth, seamless finish to provide a decorative, low maintenance paving. Available in 6mm and 10mm stone blends, this paving system is porous and SuDS compliant when installed onto a recommended permeable base.
As a budget guide for supply and install by an approved contractor, a typical 50sqm driveway application of resin bound surfacing onto a suitable prepared base would be in the region of £35-£55 per sqm.
Factors to consider when choosing a resin bound driveway surface
- Appearance – resin bound systems are decorative and come in a wide range of colours and stone sizes
- SuDS requirements – resin bound is porous and meets SuDS regulations when installed onto a porous base build up
- Existing base – resin bound systems require a sound base. Ideally asphalt or a compacted type 3 granular sub base for a no-dig resin bound product. Resin bound can be installed as an overlay system onto an existing asphalt or concrete drive or parking space.
- UV or non UV – both systems offer great performance for driveways although non-UV is only available in darker stone blends and the surface will darken gradually over a period of time.
- Maintenance – resin bound surfacing has no loose aggregate and is easy to maintain. The occasional power wash will keep paving free of debris and looking its best.
- Lifespan – quality resin bound installations have a lifespan of up to 25 years
- Warranties – look for product guarantees for assurance and case studies
- Case studies – take a look at examples of resin bound driveways installations for inspiration
If you are looking to transform your driveway, resin bound offers a fast and effective way to give your property kerb appeal.
Contact us for a quote.